Info Sessions and Networking Events
WUREC has had the pleasure of hosting information sessions and networking events for real estate companies in various industries, from development to investment banking firms.
Previously hosted companies include: Blackstone, Starwood Capital, Goldman Sachs, GIC, Och-Ziff Capital, among many more.
City treks beyond the Greater Philadelphia area provide an opportunity for our full members to visit corporate offices and meet with top executives of some of the largest companies in real estate. Our purpose is to help build and foster connections between club members and industry leaders in a more intimate setting.
- Miami Trek (Spring 2016): Members toured SLS Brickell with Related, visited the Miami World Center sales center, heard presentations by 13th Floor, Edens, Goldman Properties, Koniver Stern, and Crescent Heights, and toured Faena House, Faena Hotel, and SLS Hotel Miami Beach.
- NYC Trek (Spring 2016): Members were privileged to meet with Harry Macklowe at his ultra-luxury condo development, 432 Park Ave. Members then visited a hotel development with Tishman, and 1 Hotel Central Park with Starwood Capital. Lastly, members also met with representatives at WeWork.
- NYC Trek (Fall 2015): Members started the day with a breakfast meeting with Blackstone's real estate groups; followed by a tour of the Rockefeller Center building with its developer, Tishman Speyer. Members then met with Lazard's real estate investment banking group over lunch; and ended the day with a visit to Vornado Realty Trust.
- NYC Trek (Fall 2015): Members met with Marty Burger, CEO of Silverstein Properties, at the World Trade Center; Tom Shapiro, President of GTIS, at a high-end condo development designed by Norman Foster; representatives from Morgan Stanley's Real Estate Investing group; and Ron Kravit, Co-Head of the real estate team at Cerberus.
- NYC Trek (Fall 2015): Members experienced an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of the luxury lifestyle hotel in the heart of Times Square, The Knickerbocker; listened to a talk by Steve Witkoff, founder of the Whitkoff Group, together with the NYU Stern School Real Estate Club; explored the High Line with its head of planning and design, and met with representatives from Goldman Sach's real estate arms.
- NYC Finance Trek (Fall 2014): Members had the opportunity of meeting representatives from Blackstone’s private equity, real estate and human resources groups, and subsequently joining JP Morgan private bank MD, Cheryl Black, for a networking lunch and learning more about the JP Morgan real estate investment banking group.
- NYC Finance Trek (Fall 2014): Members met with Marty Burger, CEO of Silverstein Properties; Charles Bagli, New York Times real estate reporter and author of Other People’s Money; Thor Equities representatives; and the real estate finance team at WeWork.
- NYC Finance Trek (Fall 2013): Members visited Marty Burger at Silverstein Properties, toured 4 World Trade Center, and met professionals from the real estate group at Goldman Sachs.
- NYC Design and Development Trek (Fall 2013): Members met with Joshua Abram & Alan Murray, founders of Neuehouse; Nick Thatos & Gabriel Luci, principals at KGUK Construction; David Rockwell, world-renowned architect.
- Chicago Trek (Spring 2013): Members had the opportunity to meet with Sam Zell & Brett Rose at Walton Street Capital; Iana Kolev at SOM; Ray Lewis at Ventas REIT; and representatives at The Trump, Chicago.
- NYC Finance and Entrepreneurship Trek (Spring 2013): Members met with Chris Mendez & Carey Flaherty at Madison International Realty; Peter Sotoloff & Tyler Henritze at The Blackstone Group, and Anoop Dave (W’03).
- NYC Development Trek (Spring 2013): Members toured Two Trees Management developments in DUMBO; visited with Grzywinski + Pons, the architects behind the Nolitan Hotel; and toured the Ace Hotel with Tungsten Partners.
- Boston Development Trek (Spring 2013): Members had the opportunity to meet with Robin Brown, developer of the Mandarin Oriental Boston; Tom DeSimone, Principal at WS Development; Keith Gelb (W’92), Managing Member of Rockpoint Group; Bryan Koop of Boston Properties; Steve Samuels at Samuels & Associates; as well as tour the Four Seasons with General Manager, Bill Taylor.
To supplement those treks, WUREC also hosts Philly Fridays, a more regularly occurring trek series, within closer proximity to campus. Companies we have visited on Philly Friday treks include Toll Brothers (Fall 2013), Michael Salove Company (Fall 2013), and Hersha Hotel Group (Fall 2012), among many others.